• 24 years experience as a defense attorney and prosecutor in criminal and juvenile justice including 22 years at the Bexar County District Attorney’s office
• Board-certified in juvenile law and criminal law, one of only 15 attorneys in the state of Texas who is dual certified
Criminal defense attorney with significant trial experience
Magistrate judge, Bexar County
• Specialty court programs including: Pre-Adjudication Drug Court; Post Adjudication Drug Court; Crossroads (Girls Mental Health Court), Family Enrichment Court (Domestic Violence); Crossover Court (Juveniles in CPS custody); Restore Court (Human Trafficking); MIND Court (Boys Mental Health Court) and STRIVE Court (Education Court).
•Graduate St. Mary’s University Law, J.D. (1998)
▪ Grow the availability and accessibility of juvenile court programs for specialty needs.
▪ Develop wraparound services to better support youth and their families in the community.
▪ Partner with more city and community agencies to identify new collaborations that enhance youth success in and outside the court system processes.
“I plan to continue the work I have accomplished in finding new ways to help juveniles and their families.
I have seen firsthand the help that juveniles have received in specialty courts and how those critical services made a huge difference to their families as well. And I know that wraparound services can make a huge difference for both generations, so we must find more ways to expand and continue those benefits.
In order to accomplish those goals, I would like to identify additional community partners that can offer the mental health, substance abuse and employment services for both juveniles and their families.
Drawing upon my experience and supportive local relationships, I believe that I can best represent our area youth’s needs and affect real change by serving as your next justice in the 289th Juvenile District Court of San Antonio.”
Thank you for your vote!
~ Rose Sosa for Judge
Rose Sosa is a native of San Antonio and has spent her career working on behalf of thousands of young people to ideally improve their opportunities and their futures. She is married to her high school sweetheart, Alan, who serves as a firefighter/paramedic for the City of San Antonio. Rose and Alan have two children, Gianna and Leo, with whom they share many hours enjoying the family dog, Elliott, who was adopted from a local animal rescue group.